Tuesday, April 2, 2013

je suis en france!

Bonjour from France! I am currently taking a break from the hustle and bustle of American life to relax and study in Lacoste, France. My university, Savannah College of Art and Design, owns an art college in the little village of Lacoste, where students have the option of studying for a quarter at a time. Last quarter I chose to take more than the normal amount of classes in order to use my trip to France as a reward for working so hard. Anyway, now I am here and convinced I will never see the world the same way again.

We bagan our stay in the city of Marseille, which is located right on the french riviera.

The landscape here is beautiful. Opening my window (that was NOT guarded by a screen, which I love) exposed my room to fresh air and a view of the farmlands below the city. Unfortunately, I spent the first few days with a cold which I have been nursing and hopefully will be better by this weekend.

It is a thrill to tell people that I am currently living in a village with architecture dating back to the 9th century. That fact alone amazes me and makes me love this place even more.

Here are some photos from my travels so far:






 Marseille during the day

Marseille at night

No comments:

Post a Comment